Emma teaches walkers with a range of medical conditions, but with a particular focus on specialised areas outlined below:
- 1:1 Support sessions to cater for individual needs and to build confidence in walking following injury or surgery
- Individual walking to maintain physical activity for walkers with joint disease
- Supported walking for people who are post-op joint replacement surgery
- Supported walking for independent walkers with Multiple Sclerosis or Parkinsons Disease
- FREE SESSIONS for walkers with limb loss or limb difference (sponsored by Sport England in partnership with LimbPower)
Further 1:1 courses and sessions are available following completion of this course. Your instructor will be able to advise you what would be suitable.
Pole loan: We are able to provide walking poles for these sessions and can also provide a pole loan for practise between sessions. Personal pole loan costs £50.
What To Wear
Please ensure you wear layers of clothing to keep warm. Long loose trousers, a shirt, a fleece or sweatshirt and then a lightweight cagoule/waterproof coat in the event of rain. These layers can then be removed or then added one layer at a time if needs be.
Walking boots with a flexible sole and with a deep tread are best footwear.
Please contact us if you need any advice about the above.
These sessions take place at the following locations by prior arrangement:
- Ashton Court Golf Course – Car Park, Ashton Court Estate, Abbots Leigh Rd, Long Ashton, Bristol BS41 9JN, (map)
- Ashton Court Mansion – Lower Car Park, Ashton Court Estate, Long Ashton, Bristol BS41 9JN, ()
- Blaise Castle Estate – Main Car Park, Bristol BS10 7QT, ()
- Blaise Castle Estate – Coombe Dingle Car Park, The Dingle, Bristol BS9 2PA, ()
- Clifton Downs – Cafe, Clifton Bristol ()
- Clifton Downs – Saville Road, Clifton, Bristol (map)
- Clifton Downs – Sea Walls, Clifton, Bristol ()
There are no reviews yet.