Specialised 1:1 Support Beginners Taster
£40 (1 hour session)
This is a specialised 1:1 Support Beginner Taster with particular focus for walkers recovering from injury or surgery or those with joint disease, Multiple Sclerosis or Parkinsons.
These sessions are led by Emma a doctor with 20 years medical experience and a fully qualified Nordic walking instructor.
This Beginner Taster is an introductory Session to INWA Nordic walking for fitness and well-being tailored to your individual needs.
In this Taster you will learn how to use the poles correctly, building up your walk and technique at a pace that is right for you providing you with a foundation for INWA Nordic Walking.
“Discovering Nordic Walking under Emma’s helpful, watchful eye was SO helpful. I had been struggling to maintain my walking because of hip pain, but learnt so much about how to walk in a way that supported my hip and that I could incorporate into my general walking. Thank you!” Sarah Bartlett
Sessions are delivered in a friendly and supportive way with a focus on your individual requirements. At Nordic4 we always have an individual approach with our walkers and it is important to us that we talk to walkers prior to meeting them so that we can assess their ability and their individual goals.
Emma teaches walkers with a range of medical conditions, but with a particular focus on specialised areas outlined in the description below.
Thereafter, we recommend our Specialised 1:1 Support Beginner Follow up courses: 1:1 Support Beginner Follow up Course.
Poles are provided for this taster session.
After placing your booking, Emma will contact you to arrange your session at a time and location to suit you. Please ensure all new participants have completed the Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire before sessions begin.
Do call Emma on 07512 038175 if you would like to find out more information about these sessions and how they could help you with improved fitness and well-being.
Emma teaches walkers with a range of medical conditions, but with a particular focus on specialised areas outlined below:
- 1:1 Support sessions to cater for individual needs and to build confidence in walking following injury or surgery
- Individual walking to maintain physical activity for walkers with joint disease
- Supported walking for people who are post-op joint replacement surgery
- Supported walking for independent walkers with Multiple Sclerosis or Parkinsons Disease
- FREE SESSIONS for walkers with limb loss or limb difference (sponsored by Sport England in partnership with LimbPower)
Poles are provided free of charge for this Taster Session.
Please ensure all new participants have completed the Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire before sessions begin.
What To Wear
Please ensure you wear layers of clothing to keep warm. Long loose trousers, a shirt, a fleece or sweatshirt and then a lightweight cagoule/waterproof coat in the event of rain. These layers can then be removed or then added one layer at a time if needs be.
Walking boots with a flexible sole and with a deep tread are best footwear.
Please contact us if you need any advice about the above.
These sessions take place at the following locations by prior arrangement:
- Ashton Court Golf Course – Car Park, Ashton Court Estate, Abbots Leigh Rd, Long Ashton, Bristol BS41 9JN, (map)
- Ashton Court Mansion – Lower Car Park, Ashton Court Estate, Long Ashton, Bristol BS41 9JN, ()
- Blaise Castle Estate – Main Car Park, Bristol BS10 7QT, ()
- Blaise Castle Estate – Coombe Dingle Car Park, The Dingle, Bristol BS9 2PA, ()
- Clifton Downs – Cafe, Clifton Bristol ()
- Clifton Downs – Saville Road, Clifton, Bristol (map)
- Clifton Downs – Sea Walls, Clifton, Bristol ()
There are no reviews yet.