How can Nordic Walking help you?
- Tone upper and lower body
- Release tension and relax the mind
- Enjoy fresh air all year round
How can Come Walking help you?
- Supportive teaching to improve cardiovascular fitness and wellbeing
- Create regular exercise routine in a friendly setting
- Enjoy exercise in the fresh air in a small group
These classes take place at the following locations:
- Ashton Court Golf Course – Car Park, Ashton Court Estate, Abbots Leigh Rd, Long Ashton, Bristol BS41 9JN, (map)
- Ashton Court Mansion – Lower Car Park, Ashton Court Estate, Long Ashton, Bristol BS41 9JN, ()
- Blaise Castle Estate – Main Car Park, Bristol BS10 7QT, ()
- Blaise Castle Estate – Coombe Dingle Car Park, The Dingle, Bristol BS9 2PA, ()
- Abbots Pool – Car Park, Abbots Leigh, Bristol BS8 3RR, ()
- Clifton Downs – Cafe, Clifton Bristol ()
- Clifton Downs – Saville Road, Clifton, Bristol (map)
- Clifton Downs – Sea Walls, Clifton, Bristol ()
- Leigh Woods – Car Park, Abbots Leigh, Bristol BS8 3QE, UK ()
- Leigh Woods – North Road, Abbots Leigh, Bristol BS8 3QE, UK ()
- Old Sneed Park Nature Reserve – Off Glenavon Park, Bristol BS9, UK ()
What To Wear
Please ensure you wear layers of clothing to keep warm. Long loose trousers, a shirt, a fleece or sweatshirt and then a lightweight cagoule/waterproof coat in the event of rain. These layers can then be removed or then added one layer at a time if needs be.
Walking boots with a flexible sole and with a deep tread are best footwear.
Please contact us if you need any advice about the above.
Caroline Case –
Walking with Nordic 4 was incredibly helpful and supportive after an arthritis flare up. I would heartily recommend it for the thoughtful care and attention to participants that was given as well as the fun and informative walks and company of the walkers.
Caroline Simpson –
Come Nordic Walking with Katie and her team has enabled me to learn a new form of exercise when fibromyalgia has restricted so many others for me.
Katie is so professional and knowledgeable, and her team of instructors are all trained in the same way. The Nordic Walking is such fun and I always feel supported and encouraged to walk at my own pace, whilst improving my technique. Each walk incorporates different stretching exercises and warm downs.
They are very understanding and treat you as an individual.
Each walk is carefully planned in advance and utilises lots of the different beautiful parkland Bristol has to offer. It is a great way to meet different people and enjoy some fresh air.
Mike Schofield –
Walking with Nordic 4 has been an absolute pleasure. Instruction and training methods are clear, concise and
enjoyable and the walks themselves are made all the more interesting by the research that Katie carries out in advance; be it detail on the flora and fauna, the history and geography of the area, or interesting facts about the places en route. Also included as part of the walking are various fitness exercises covering balance, core strengthening, flexibility and muscle toning, all at a comfortably paced level. All in all an excellent way to enjoy exercise in the company of like-minded people.