Nordic4Teens (Y7 – Y13)
£10.00 (per hourly session)
Sundays (1st session) 10-11am, (2nd session) 11-12pm or (full session) 10-12pm
Please ensure all new participants have completed the Nordic4Kids Consent Form before sessions begin.
Re-energise with Nordic4Teens and explore The Downs, Blaise Castle Estate, Ashton Court, Leigh Woods and all their terrain, slopes and gullies. Make new friends, enjoy learning the technique of Nordic Walking and increase your fitness too.
Nordic4Teens also provides fitness preparation, within the sessions for D of E (Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme). Learn to use the poles to aid your walking when carrying heavy backpacks on the flat, up and down hills.
This is open to anyone.
Please select a session on the calendar below to start your booking. If you would like to book onto more than one session, please add each session to the basket individually.
- Sundays (Term time only)
- 10am – 11am, 11am – 12pm or 10am – 12pm
- 2 Instructors
- Max 12 per group
School Sessions: We can provide sessions tailored to your children’s individual needs be it in assembly time, PE (OAA Programme) or After School. This can be linked into your OAA provision or part of a PHSE Well Being Programme.
- All sessions are open to anyone.
- All sessions are for Y7- Y13 and cater to individual needs with a focus on technique, walking on the flat, uneven terrain and up and down hills. Some teens walk for an hour and some for two hours.
- All sessions focus on the Nature around us, enjoying the chance to observe the seasons and changing landscape throughout the year.
- D of E fitness preparation with backpacks is incorporated into all sessions for those training for D of E, with walkers increasing their backpack weights steadily over time and walking for up to two hours. Younger walkers or those not in training for D of E carry a small rucksack for a drink and snack.
What will you learn?
- Start to advanced Nordic walking technique
- How to increase fitness and understand your body in exercise
- Routes and wildlife of the varied terrain in Ashton Court, Blaise Castle Estate, Downs and Leigh Woods
- Build up to Fitness for DOE or 5km challenge and learn technique to aid you
Nordic walking really is exercise for the body and relaxation for the mindPetrina
What will you need?
These sessions take place at the following locations:
- Ashton Court Golf Course – Car Park, Ashton Court Estate, Abbots Leigh Rd, Long Ashton, Bristol BS41 9JN, (map)
- Ashton Court Mansion – Lower Car Park, Ashton Court Estate, Long Ashton, Bristol BS41 9JN, ()
- Blaise Castle Estate – Main Car Park, Bristol BS10 7QT, ()
- Blaise Castle Estate – Coombe Dingle Car Park, The Dingle, Bristol BS9 2PA, ()
- Abbots Pool – Car Park, Abbots Leigh, Bristol BS8 3RR, ()
- Clifton Downs – Cafe, Clifton Bristol ()
- Leigh Woods – Car Park, Abbots Leigh, Bristol BS8 3QE, UK ()
- Leigh Woods – North Road, Abbots Leigh, Bristol BS8 3QE, UK ()
Sessions also available in school curriculum (OAA) time.
Please note that places are limited and bookings are made online only on a first come/first served basis. Payment is made online at the time of booking. Payment is for single or a block of lessons per term.
Nordic4 has a no refund policy. In extenuating circumstances should a customer request for credit to be carried forward they must request this in writing to email@example.com