Ages 11-18 (School Years Y6-Y13)
Available on Sunday mornings
A chance to chat and make new friends.
A chance to laugh and relish being outside in all weathers.
Actually…a chance to just be you.
Nordic4Teens: It is not just about the walking, although we love that too!
Re energise with Nordic4Teens and explore The Downs, Blaise Castle Estate, Ashton Court, Leigh Woods and all their terrain, slopes and gullies. Make new friends, appreciate your surroundings and enjoy learning the technique of Nordic Walking whilst increasing your fitness too.
Nordic4Teens also provides fitness preparation, within the sessions for D of E (Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme). Learn to use the poles to aid your walking when carrying heavy backpacks on the flat, up and down hills.
Sessions tailored to individual needs.
Please ensure all participants have completed the Nordic4Kids Consent Form before attending your taster session.
These sessions take place at the following locations:
- Ashton Court Golf Course – Car Park, Ashton Court Estate, Abbots Leigh Rd, Long Ashton, Bristol BS41 9JN, (map)
- Ashton Court Mansion – Lower Car Park, Ashton Court Estate, Long Ashton, Bristol BS41 9JN, ()
- Blaise Castle Estate – Main Car Park, Bristol BS10 7QT, ()
- Blaise Castle Estate – Coombe Dingle Car Park, The Dingle, Bristol BS9 2PA, ()
- Blaise Castle Estate – Hallen Close, Bristol BS10 7QZ, ()
- Abbots Pool – Car Park, Abbots Leigh, Bristol BS8 3RR, ()
- Clifton Downs – Cafe, Clifton Bristol ()
- Clifton Downs – Saville Road, Clifton, Bristol (map)
- Clifton Downs – Sea Walls, Clifton, Bristol ()
- Leigh Woods – Car Park, Abbots Leigh, Bristol BS8 3QE, UK ()
- Leigh Woods – North Road, Abbots Leigh, Bristol BS8 3QE, UK ()
- Old Sneed Park Nature Reserve – Off Glenavon Park, Bristol BS9, UK ()
Sessions also available in school curriculum (OAA) time.
Please note that places are limited and bookings are made online only on a first come/first served basis. Payment is made online at the time of booking. Payment is for single or a block of lessons per term.
Nordic4 has a no refund policy. In extenuating circumstances should a customer request for credit to be carried forward they must request this in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
What To Wear
Please ensure you wear layers of clothing to keep warm. Long loose trousers, a shirt, a fleece or sweatshirt and then a lightweight cagoule/waterproof coat in the event of rain. These layers can then be removed or then added one layer at a time if needs be.
Walking boots with a flexible sole and with a deep tread are best footwear.
Do ask Katie if you need any advice about the above.