- Sunday (Term time only)
- 10am - 11am, 11am - 12pm or 10am - 12pm
- 2 Instructors
- Max 12 per group
We can provide sessions tailored to your children’s individual needs be it in assembly time, PE (OAA Programme) or After School. This can be linked into your OAA provision or part of a PHSE Well Being Programme.
- Ashton Court Golf Course - Car Park, Ashton Court Estate, Abbots Leigh Rd, Long Ashton, Bristol BS41 9JN, (map)
- Ashton Court Mansion - Lower Car Park, Ashton Court Estate, Long Ashton, Bristol BS41 9JN, (map)
- Blaise Castle Estate - Main Car Park, Bristol BS10 7QT, (map)
- Blaise Castle Estate - Coombe Dingle Car Park, The Dingle, Bristol BS9 2PA, (map)
- Abbots Pool - Car Park, Abbots Leigh, Bristol BS8 3RR, (map)
- Clifton Downs - Cafe, Clifton Bristol (map)
- Leigh Woods Car Park, Abbots Leigh, Bristol BS8 3QE, UK (map)
- All sessions are open to anyone.
- All sessions are for Y7- Y13 and cater to individual needs with a focus on technique, walking on the flat, uneven terrain and up and down hills. Some teens walk for an hour and some for two hours.
- All sessions focus on the Nature around us, enjoying the chance to observe the seasons and changing landscape throughout the year.
- D of E fitness preparation with backpacks is incorporated into all sessions for those training for D of E, with walkers increasing their backpack weights steadily over time and walking for up to two hours. Younger walkers or those not in training for D of E carry a small rucksack for a drink and snack.
- Start to advanced Nordic walking technique
- How to increase fitness and understand your body in exercise
- Routes and wildlife of the varied terrain in Ashton Court, Blaise Castle Estate, Downs and Leigh Woods
- Build up to Fitness for DOE or 5km challenge and learn technique to aid you
Nordic walking really is exercise for the body and relaxation for the mind Petrina
- Poles provided
- Long loose trousers or joggers, walking boots or trainers, long sleeved top and cagoule.
- Recommended D of E backpack
£10 per hourly session.