Walking programmes that further embed technique improving fitness. Make friends whilst you exercise in the Great Outdoors in sessions that are tailored to your individual needs. Feel a sense of well-being as you re-energise in beautiful surroundings.
Each week in all the sessions there is a different focus which over time will help to deeply embed your Nordic Walking technique and also help with balance and muscle strengthening as well as fitness (tailored to you). This is all done through a “Walk” appropriate to each session, exploring the countryside and estates of Bristol.
To attend our walks you must have first attended a Beginners course in Nordic Walking with Nordic4 or already have experience in Nordic Walking. This will ensure you can receive maximum benefits from teaching tailored to you.
Mon (9:30-10.30am) and Thurs (9:30-10:30am)
A fun and enjoyable Nordic Walking fitness programme to get you fit and motivated whilst meeting others. Feel refreshed, positive and enlivened! Sessions are designed around alternating periods of high- and low-intensity activity using Nordic Technique, the terrain of the Downs and slopes and hills of Leigh Woods, Blaise and Ashton Court to full effect.
These classes take place at the following locations:
- Ashton Court Golf Course – Car Park, Ashton Court Estate, Abbots Leigh Rd, Long Ashton, Bristol BS41 9JN, (map)
- Ashton Court Mansion – Lower Car Park, Ashton Court Estate, Long Ashton, Bristol BS41 9JN, (map)
- Blaise Castle Estate – Main Car Park, Bristol BS10 7QT, (map)
- Blaise Castle Estate – Coombe Dingle Car Park, The Dingle, Bristol BS9 2PA, (map)
- Blaise Castle Estate – Hallen Close, Bristol BS10 7QZ, (map)
- Abbots Pool – Car Park, Abbots Leigh, Bristol BS8 3RR, (map)
- Clifton Downs – Cafe, Clifton Bristol (map)
- Clifton Downs – Saville Road, Clifton, Bristol (map)
- Clifton Downs – Sea Walls, Clifton, Bristol (map)
- Leigh Woods – Car Park, Abbots Leigh, Bristol BS8 3QE, UK (map)
- Leigh Woods – North Road, Abbots Leigh, Bristol BS8 3QE, UK (map)