All walkers and Instructors must adhere to strictly following the guidance on:
Nordic4 would like to make it clear that anyone who is symptomatic or suspects they have been exposed to the Covid19 virus, should they be Instructor or Walker, does not take part and remains at home.
Further Guidance is available at: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
As part of our desire to keep all of our walkers safe Nordic4 Instructors and Leaders will be continuing to do twice weekly Lateral Flow tests as a precautionary measure against COVID-19.
- Lessons will be available for 1:1 and Group Sessions. Both walker and instructor will both be responsible for maintaining social distancing during each session.
- Nordic4 Covid Code of Conduct and Risk Management will need to be read and agreed by the walker prior to their teaching. No booking will be completed online until this is completed. The PARQ form must be completed prior to teaching.
- Walkers must keep Nordic4 updated of any changes in Health status in compliance with government guidelines and update, when necessary, their PARQ form online.
- An outline of each session will be explained clearly to walkers by the instructor, so that the teaching focus of each session is fully understood.
- Locations for walking will be chosen by Nordic4 based on the ability level of walkers, the session booked, the teaching focus and social distance consideration.
- Use of mirroring, shadow teaching, role modelling, “follow my leader” to be used in teaching for effective delivery of sessions. When walking uphill walkers will be reminded to be in a zig zag single file with clear distancing in lines with government guidance.
- Instructors will wear a mask when teaching vulnerable older Adults 1:1.
- Minor First Aid / Emergency First Aid: Nordic4 will be following guidelines set out here as recommended by St. John’s Ambulance. https://www.sja.org.uk/get-advice/first-aid-advice/covid-19-advice-for-first-aiders/
You should also enforce strong hygiene measures. This might be cleaning any equipment rigorously in line with wider guidance on hygiene, for example by using antiviral spray and washing hands thoroughly before and after use.
In addition: Nordic4 have taken into account: Guidance for cleaning items.
- Walkers to use their own poles to prevent cross contamination but pole loan will be available to Beginners. Straps and poles will have been disinfected and poles kept, as is our normal practice by a new walker, if continuing with Beginner Follow Up Programme.
- For added protection walkers can wear gloves: (cycle gloves, thin leather gloves to be recommended as they give the best grip whilst retaining a sense of contact with the poles unlike woollen gloves).
Hand apparatus (Hand Therapy Balls), benches, gates:
- Hand Therapy Balls: Nordic4 balls will be stored for 72 hours between sessions. (Most Gentle and Come Walkers have their own to use in sessions)
- If needed for rest, benches will be used. Walkers will be shown how to stand up unaided correctly or using poles for support rather than placing hands on the bench.
- Walks will be planned to avoid use of gates where possible. If gates are used hand gel will be used to disinfect hands after use. Walkers are to carry their own hand sanitiser at all times
Instructors will also carry hand sanitising gel and disposable gloves at all times.
Walkers are responsible for carrying their own jacket, water bottle and coat at all times.
It is critical to follow Government Guidance at all times https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-guidance
Please click the links below for extra Government guidance on Physical activity.
Please note that this guidance may change at any time. Please do keep an eye out for further communication from Nordic4 and the UK Government.